BLOODCHILD - 15 April 2019

BLOODCHILD

1) I was confused with the terms and how the world works at the beginning. I didn't understand what the eggs are and where they come from. At the end of the story, I'm still unsure. The story seems interesting and creepy at the same time, but it's hard for me to visualize it because I don't exactly know how to imagine T'Gatoi. Is she like a spider or some kind of other bugs or insects? Does she have a human face? Is she basically an alien with appearance like an insect or myriapods? Bug, grubs, and worms have always creeped me out, so this story definitely creeped me out too. Not to mention the description on the blood and human flesh during Lomas' process of being opened and harvested. The story is definitely not my cup of tea.

2) I can relate to Gan when he puke after seeing Lomas being opened and T'Gatoi eating. I think I would be the same, if not, I might even passed out. Other connection I have with the story is probably on responsibility in the family -- sacrificing ourselves for someone else, for the sister in this case. Gan has to be the one for T'Gatoi and even though he was scared, he decided to give himself at the end. I think most people would be able to relate to that because everyone has a responsibility they have to do, no matter they want it or not.

3) I don't think I want to see a film from this story, so probably not a film. A graphic novel might be more interesting. I think I can see it being made into a graphic novel, even though I might still not want to read it. If I were to make it into a graphic novel, I would introduce the planet they live and the environment -- like a long shot of the planet and the neighborhood they live in, the shot of the land and what kind of people live in there -- before entering the story of T'Gatoi and Gan's family. I think that's the part that confused me the most when I read the story because there isn't any proper set up and explanation until later in the reading. The pictures and imagery would be really visual and graphic, maybe - for people who are into gory theme.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FRANKENSTEIN

WEEK 12: Diverse Position Science Fiction