Week 7: The Tale of Spiritual Education

Week 7: The Tale of Spiritual Education

For this week, I read the Night Circus. I've seen the book on the top ten shelf for so long every time I went to bookstores, but for some reason I never gave it a chance. So, when I start reading the opening of the book, I wondered why I never read this book before. The writing style at the opening is something that would make me keep going. I really like the mysterious and magical feeling I got when I read it. And the structure of the book, going back and forth between characters is also my favorite kind of structure. I love it when I can follow stories from different perspective and root for different characters.

For this book, I like both characters, Celia and Marco. I root for both character and so of course the ending satisfied me. They are such a sweet couple. Story wise, some parts of the book made me cringe, and confused too. Like when Hector slices open Celia's finger so that she heals herself. I'm always weak to gory stuffs like that, even if it's not extreme. Jumping between different timeline was a bit confusing but it was still fun to read. Sometimes, that what makes a book interesting. These kind of books are also the ones that I have to read twice or jump back and forth between different chapters again in order for me to get it. But it's so fun once I get it, "Oooohhhh! So that's why this happens or that happens!" Those times are the times when I really admire the writers. How did they even think of that? 

Overall, I really enjoyed the book even though it was a bit confusing. I like the magical experience I got from the writing style. And the structure. I think those two are the big things for me. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FRANKENSTEIN

WEEK 12: Diverse Position Science Fiction

BLOODCHILD - 15 April 2019