Week 13: LITERARY SPECULATION

Week 13:

For this week, I read "All At One Point". I think it's an interesting read. It makes me think about relativity and the quantum theory back in high school... which I don't remember 100%, but I think time and space is always an interesting topic.

When I read the title "All At One Point" it reminds me of the concept of a space warp that I read a long time ago in a comic book. It's like when you draw two points on a piece of paper, and then you fold the paper so that those two points meet. So, as I continued reading, what I understand from the story, is that the world has been merged into one point. It sounds like the infinity number of points, as in a circle, has been merged into one point and now people are living in one point. And people are also one. They share everything they have and everything they feel. Judging from the names their names, I'm wondering if people become elements or compounds (like in periodic table). At first, I don't really understand why their names looks weird and it almost looks like a typo hahah. It makes sense eventually. I really like the premise of it. I think it's really smart. The CA department in this school has always hammer us on interesting story and premise and I think this story is a good example.

Overall, I like it. I wish the story can be a bit more clear in the description of what the world looks like. I think it would be interesting to see this as a film and see how people envision the world.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FRANKENSTEIN

BLOODCHILD - 15 April 2019

WEEK 12: Diverse Position Science Fiction