WEEK 11: Cyberpunk and Steampunk

WEEK 11: Cyberpunk and Steampunk

For the week, I read Johny Mnemonic. Personally, I think it's an okay read. The story wasn't that interesting for me. The beginning part made me cringe with all the blood and finger, but other than that, I don't feel any excitement. I think it would be better if I read this as a graphic novel or watch it as a film.

For me, the point of interest in this story would be the setting and the environment. It's pretty cool too, to imagine how the Squid and the Dolphin looked like. The characters itself aren't that interesting for me. The main character, Johny, doesn't seem to have that much personality. The only interesting part I found from him is that he is built from different memories from different people, but since it's a short story and we don't get to read the whole history, it becomes less interesting. The lady, Molly, she feels like a generic femme fatale. I also don't understand her personality and her motive.

Overall, I don't feel any attachment to any of the characters, and I don't see any twist that makes the story interesting. I don't really enjoy reading this one :(

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FRANKENSTEIN

BLOODCHILD - 15 April 2019

WEEK 12: Diverse Position Science Fiction